CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Many Helping Hands


Emma was dying to get the house decorated before Santa came... (yes, December 24th... I don't think I've ever let her down in the past :) so, last night we pulled the totes out and began the excitement. We finished the living room and left the family room until morning. Throughout the process I headed down memory lane a bit. As a child I remember coming home from school and walking downstairs to a Christmas picture. It was as though the Christmas pixie scattered her dust and magically transformed our family room into a bit of Christmas heaven. Everything was beautiful, magical and just right! That is when I quickly returned to 2010 on Fox Pointe Drive... my home was a disaster as we completed this festive process. After we returned the empty totes back downstairs, picked up and vaccuumed, I sat down catch my breath. Nearing 40, I realize now that the Christmas pixie was my unbelievable mother (and many back breaking hours of hard work) and I had to wonder... was that remarkable, knowledgable woman truly trying to create a memory for her children (like I shared above) OR was she incredibly smart to do this task without 8 additional hands and opinions ???
I know that my 6 loving, adorable, helpful hands were driving me crazy! I found ornaments where ornaments don't belong and toys hanging in places (my tree!!) where toys don't belong. Finally, I made a deal with the kids... they could set up my 3 miniature trees and decorate them with lights and toys they created anyway they wanted... it worked! They are absolutely charming and I promise will stay just like that (as hard as it might be :) through the holiday season.

0 comments: