CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby Steps


Yesterday I picked Max up from school and his teacher let me know that while he was playing with the train set another little boy kept stepping on Max's train track. Max gestured for him to step off the train set and move away... the little guy continued to bug Max. After a few failed 'gesture' attempts, Max said, "STOP!" Loud and clear enough that Ms. Heidi heard it, understood it and celebrated it... AND the little booger left Max alone. I was so excited. Speaking has been the ONLY concern that I have had with my little Max. I want to understand what he needs and wants and don't want him to become frustrated with the lack of communication skills. MAMA and YEAH are Max's 2 words... now he has 3!!!

This morning I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth while Lance and Max laid in the bed watching Elmo. "Mama!" "Mama!" "What Max?" "Up!"... "What did you say, Buddy?" "Up! (pointing to the TV)" "Do you want me to turn the TV up?" "Yeah!" Max laid back with a smile on his face and this arms crossed up behind his head on my pillow and continue on with the show. I on the other hand was full of goosebumps... my little guy has 4 words now. 4 precious words... baby steps are beautiful!!

1 comments:

Jenn

I love this story. Max is such a cute little guy. Oh I love that boy!