CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Never Prepared Enough!


I'm just finishing up book 5 of 6 in the Great and Terrible Series... FABULOUS!!! I had a thing for food storage before... however, now I have a new appreciation and strong urge to keep it up. I took the summer off from my deals and steals (Aubrey... we need to get back on the wagon!) Saturday night the kids and I went out to begin the game again. In book 5...the battle of good against evil intensifies in the darkness of an EMP devastated America. the electromagnetic pulses that wiped out the country's entire electrical grid have reduced people to an almost animal existence. Stranded... on their own...needing to provide for themselves and their families. I'm to the point where a bishop is calling a meeting to take inventory of everyone's supplies and set up a community resource of available food, reserves, medical supplies, etc. The words, "You did everything you could to prepare, you've listened to the prophet. You've prepared yourself." One of the characters is finding herself in a personal predicament. She's not prepared for herself or her daughter. She says, "I'm a liability; I have no assest to contribute to the group!" Aug! That guilt! I don't want it.

Seriously... if you are looking for a good read... check it out. The first book is the hardest to get through (taking place in the premortal life... not knowing what it is really like... it's been hard for some to swallow...Bub!) Read it, get through it... then sit back and enjoy the others. Seriously, what if this is what the final days will be like... it's like a sneek peek!