CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Basement Schoolhouse


So tonight my family met at my sister's home for dinner and dessert. The boys headed outside and the girls ran downstairs to a instant classroom that had been set up by Elle before her cousins even arrived. She had prepared individual desks (made from upside down coolers), along with worksheets to have her students complete with their crayons and pencils. I was standing at the top of the stairs ready to call them up to eat when I heard a very concerned voice. Ms. Elle was asking Emma "Do you want to stay in preschool forever? Every number you've written is backward!" "Try it again!" Little Mia was patiently waiting her turn for one on one tutoring. "Girls, I have already explained this assignment!" "You all need to be better listeners." "Mia, You should know this... 7 x 2 is..." "14" "No. 7 x 2 = 9 Mia, try again!" At this point I am with my sisters listening to this basement schoolhouse at the top of the stairs. We are all laughing our biscuits off! I'm thinking... "Is this what I sound like all day?" Julie is commenting, "That is Elle's perspective of schooling!" The greatest part of all... at the end of our visit Emma and Mia were asking if they could come back next week to play school with Elle again! Thanks for the fun Julie and Pete!!

0 comments: