CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Resolutions...


So I've been thinking about the goals for 2010... goals that I REALLY want to accomplish (past January 31st). I've made an effort to work on the food storage during 2009. It is coming along really well and I plan to keep it going a bit at a time. With the council that we have been given (many times) I've decided my goal...


Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have been counseled to have a food storage and be prepared for an emergency which includes having a 72 hour kit. This kit should be put together in a practical manner so that you can carry it with you if you ever need to evacuate your home. It is also important to prepare one for each member of your family who is able to carry one.


I've begun this a couple of times, however, I've lost enthusiasm, energy, funds, etc. etc. We have a very nice emergency kit (thanks to mom and dad for Christmas 3 years ago) and a lot of the basics throughout the house... so my goal is to create 5 individual emergency backpacks by December 31, 2010! A little here, a little there... actually one thing (from the LDS website) for each backpack each week. I'm going to do! In fact, during my reading I've learned a bit about the yearly updating. Once our backpacks are complete, each year we will update it on our birthday.

Anyone else looking for a goal and wanting to cross this off their list, let me know and we'll do it together :) Hopefully we won't ever need them but, it will ease my mind to know they are there just in case!

3 comments:

markandaubrey

I am so pathetic...I bought the big buckets at Costco and called it good. Hopefully the Hansen family never needs them. You are amazing!

Kathryn

What are you doing? going for mother AND Mormon of the year??????

Lory

oh Kath, you've known me way too long to know that I've ever succeed at either :) Do YOU have your many backpacks ready... I have nightmares... explaining "I have some of the stuff... it's just all over the place!... sorry kids, next time to do it right!" AAAUUGGHH! Come on, jump on board... week #1 get a backpack for each family member!!! :)