CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Favorite Tradition


One of my fondest memories as a child was the birthday treat for my class each year in elementary school. I vividly remember my mother bringing in her beautiful Christmas Tree sugar cookies. These were NOT your ordinary sugar cookies (for those of you that know my mother... nothing she does is 'ordinary'!) they were frosted to perfection... each branch just so. She then topped them off with evenly spaced colorful sprinkles. She had her presentation down to perfection! I was always so proud and excited to hand them out to my friends. A watered down version continues on in my house now. The cookie and frosting recipes are from my mom's recipe box. Mine tend to be circles everytime... the frosting and sprinkles are my variation. Unlike my patient mother... my frosting goes into a ziplock baggie, clip the corner and wa-la... I squiggle and frost in minutes! My kids and I make sugar cookies for every holiday! Similar to mom... they aren't complete until the sprinkles are topped! (We have more holiday sprinkles in my spice drawer than spices :)

One day I hope to be like mom... until then... I very grateful for her example, cookies and memories together!

0 comments: